Wednesday, July 16, 2003

the house is the house. Its condition IS its condition, and it will appeal to whomever it appeals to. Beyond that, I have little to say about when it will sell and to whom and for how much. I've been beseiged lately by certain family and friends to give accurate estimates as to when it will sell. Like most home sellers, I want an offer THIS WEEK, for FULL PRICE. ALL CASH. NO CONTINGENCIES.

And like most home sellers, I will feel a twinge of bummed for not getting all of the above. Predicting tides and lunar cycles is far more reliable. All I can say is, I will do my best to market the house, and sell it for as close to the asking price as possible. It's not a science. Wake up with a pang of anxiety coursing through your body, and you just might be more inclined that given day to make concessions. Other days, brimming with confidence, you easily resolve to stick to your terms.

What can I say? It will sell when it sells and for the price it commands. That is the only thing I can promise. And everyone involved will wake up one day and receive a call from me bearing good news. Now can't we all just get along?

No comments: